How do you influence when you have no formal authority? In today’s complex organizations knowing how to lead others effectively without authority is a powerful and useful skill.
Let’s be very clear… there’s a big difference between influence and manipulation. This class will teach you the noble skill of influence, meant to bring positive outcomes to others. Manipulation is purely selfish.
In the Tools for Influencing workshop you will learn where influence draws its power from and how to choose which communication tool is best depending on your situation.
Objectives and Outcomes:
- Learn the 4 potential outcomes from every influence situation you face
- Discover the 3 Power Bases to leverage when influencing
- Identify situations for using 12 different influence tools
- Apply your own real-world situations to the exercises in class
- Build an email to achieve your influence goal, even when you have no authority with the other person
- Apply a 3-step conversational tool for developing rapport and trust
- Learn why stories are such a powerful influence tool and how to use them